Is it safe to travel to the Maldives with regards to COVID-19? If there are cases of infections in Male', will tourists be vulnerable?
General precautions should be taken by the guests to protect themselves from getting infected whilst travelling to the Maldives.
As a Guest of Baros, you will not travel into Male' as you will be escorted by our team from the arrival hall at the international airport in Male' to the Baros Maldives speed boat straight away.
All our staff undergo daily temperature checks and are fully informed of the safety and hygiene precautions put into place by the government of the Maldives and the resort.
Furthermore, Baros Maldives is one of the smaller resorts and we limit the number of people on the island at any one time. Your Villas offers complete privacy and housekeeping and Villa Host services can be adjusted as per your wishes.
When is Baros re opening?
We are intending to reopen our doors for our guests from 1 October 2020.
What are the options for me to book the island?
You can book their stay at Baros Maldives through all the usual channels.
Exclusive Island Buy-Out: You can also opt to book the entire island to spend time with friends and family exclusively. For further information, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
What is the cancellation policy if I wish to cancel my booking?
- Cancellation up to 7 days before arrival will be fully refunded.
- Should any cancellations be caused by or related to any governmental decisions or air-travel restrictions, a full refund will be given.
The above cancellation terms are valid until 15 December 2020 and do not apply for the exclusive island buy-out.
What are the precautions being taken by Baros Maldives?
We have put in place a comprehensive programme to ensure that high standards for hygiene
and cleanliness are met. The resort team is following the guidelines issued by the World Health
Organization and local authorities, with measures in place across all touchpoints. Please read
through this Travel Guide to know more about the procedures that have been taken.
What is the protocol if a guest is suspected to have the virus while at the resort?
- If any guest exhibits symptoms such as coughing, sneezing, difficulty in breathing, the resident medical personnel will be informed and attend to the guest in their villa.
- The medical personnel will check travel history and other relevant information relating to the guest and will medically evaluate the guest.
What is the protocol if the guest displays COVID-19 related symptoms?
- Our resident medical personnel will take actions and isolate the guest in a separate room on the Water Villa jetty. The Health Protection Authorities (HPA) of the Maldives will be informed.
- The General Manager and Resort Manager will personally trace back the activities of the guest and identify who and where the guest has had any contact with.
- Team members who had contact with the guest will be isolated in separate rooms.
- Further advice and action will be taken based on the HPA protocol.
What measures have the local health authorities put in place to prevent an outbreak?
The government has put various measures in place to ensure the best possible way to contain the spread of COVID-19 within the Maldives. Among others, these actions include strict monitoring of travellers upon arrival and rigorous hygiene rules implemented by the HPA.
Whom can I speak to in order to get more information about onsite prevention and any other information?
All team members at Baros Maldives are always at your service. Our Resort Manager, Shijah, can be contacted via email at email@example.com for any further information.
Do you have any medical facilities available on the island?
Yes, we do have a fully equipped first aid medical facilities on the island. The medical personnel is available 24 hours. The nearest hospital can be reached within 20 minutes by speed boat.