Is it safe to travel to the Maldives with regards to COVID-19? If there are cases of infections in Male, will tourists be exposed?
General precautions have to be taken by the guests to protect themselves from getting infected with COVID-19 whilst travelling.
Guests will not travel into Male as they will be escorted by our team from the arrival hall at the international airport in Male to their private speed boat straight away.
All our staff undergo daily temperature checks and are fully informed of the safety and hygiene precautions put into place by the government of the Maldives and the resort.
Furthermore, Baros Maldives is one of the smaller resorts, which will limit the number of people on the island at any one time. The villas offer utmost privacy and housekeeping and Villa Host
services can be adjusted as per the guest’s wishes..
When is Baros re opening?
We are intending to reopen our doors for our guests from 1st July 2020. However, we are dependent upon the resumption of air travel and the reopening of international borders including the Maldives.
What are the options for me to book the island?
Guests can book their stay at Baros Maldives through all common channels.
Exclusive Island Buy-Out:
guests can also opt to book the entire island to spend time with friends and family in utmost privacy. For further information, please contact
What is the cancellation policy if I wish to cancel my booking?
- Stays cancelled up to 48 hours before arrival are eligible for a full refund.
- Stays cancelled up to 24 hours before arrival are eligible to a 50% refund.
- 100% charges are applicable to those who are no-shows.
- Should any cancellations be caused by or related to any governmental decisions or air- travel restrictions, a full free refund will be given.
- The above cancellation terms do not apply for the exclusive island buy-out